About Char Dham Yatra Uttarakhand 2023
For the spiritual travellers, Char Dham Yatra is the most popular trekking route of India, started from Haridwar and covers the four sacred places; Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri. With Mukesh Prajapati tour packages, travellers can enjoy this pilgrimage journey full of holy moments in great peace. Uttarakhand stands tall as ‘Dev Bhoomi'(Land of Gods) to embrace the divine souls around the world.
These four ancient temples also marks the spiritual source of four sacred rivers as well: River Yamuna (Yamunotri), River Ganga or Ganges (Gangotri), River Mandakini (Kedarnath) and River Alaknanda (Badrinath).
Why Char dham Yatra
A Brief Description
Every part of India attributes to the belief in Hindu Religion. There are many Pilgrimage sites in the country apart from Char Dham. The most prominent being Amarnath Shrine in Himalayas, Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath and Twelve Jyotirlingas amongst many others. The Amarnath shrine is an Ice Lingum, devoted to Lord Shiva. The Ice Lingum waxes and wanes with the shadow of moon. Gangotri and Yamunotri are the source of Holy Rivers Ganga and Yamuna respectively. The holy shrines in India are associated with many myths and legends. To explore more of Hindu religion.
Chardham Yatra Route (4 Dham Travel Circuit)
Traditionally, the Chardham yatra is undertaken from the west to the east, thus, the yatra starts from Yamunotri, then proceeding to Gangotri and finally to Kedarnath and Badrinath. Pilgrims traditionally first visit Yamunotri and Gangotri and bring with them the holy waters from the sources of the rivers Yamuna and Ganga and offer abhishekams to Kedareshwara. Char Dhams of Uttarakhand are also known as Chota Char Dham of India.
Char Dham Tips (Things to Carry During CharDham Yatra 2023)
- Carry a kit of the basic emergency medicines, Use bottled water during trip
- Eat Food which is boiled, cooked or fried, Carry a mosquito/insect repellent, Sunscreen cream
- Ensure you are physically and mentally fit to perform the journey as the Yatra involves trekking at an altitude of 1,4000 ft.
- At least a month before the Yatra, it is advisable to start preparatory exercises
- Carry heavy woolens, including thermal body warmers, raincoats, sleeping bags, blankets, water-proof shoes with sufficient grips, torch
- Women are advised to avoid sarees and opt for salwar kameez or trousers.
- Hire only a registered ponywalla or porter, Don’t attempt short cuts on the route.
Important Note: Registration is compulsory for Char Dham Yatra 2023.
2023 Opening/Closing Dates of Char Dham
• Yamunotri Temple Opening Date 2023 – 22 April 2023
• Gangotri Temple Opening Date 2023 – 22 April 2023
• Kedarnath Temple Opening Date 2023 – 25 April 2023
• Badrinath Temple Opening Date 2023 – 27 April 2023
Char Dhams of India
Char Dham are the names of four pilgrimage places in India that are widely revered by most of the “Hindus”. The Char Dhams of India are: Badrinath, Dwarka, Jagannath Puri, and Rameshwaram.